Thursday, August 17, 2023

Quality vs Quantity in EGL


Hello friends! It’s been a while since I’ve not only posted on this blog but have also properly worn EGL. Many things have contributed to my break from the fashion including life, the weather and just not feeling motivated enough to dress up. I no longer wear nor want to wear egl every time I go out like I used to, it’s not that I dislike the style now it’s just that I’ve figured out my personal style more and find myself being as happy in more “normal” clothes as I do when wearing lolita. 

Now I’m sure you’re all reading this and have been wondering what the hell this has to do with the title of this post, well basically in my time of having a somewhat cleanse from the fashion I feel like I have a newer perspective on how I want to interact with it. Would I rather have a large wardrobe of things I like with some extra special favorite pieces in between or would I rather have a wardrobe of things that are just those special pieces? 

Obviously I like every piece I own right now but I definitely enjoy some more than others, wether that be wearing them more or just seeing them as great representations of the style I want to evoke with lolita. There are some pieces I just don’t wear that often and it’s usually because I just don’t feel like they’re particularly “me” yes I love how they look but I just don’t feel as comfortable in them. 

There are a ton of pieces I own from my early days where I would basically buy any cheap dress I liked at a base level. I’ve sold most of them now as I just don’t think they’re my style but some of them remain, pieces I mainly bought out of desperation to wear the fashion more. And of course to post more pictures of.

It seems that all of the lolita’s I see online have wonderfully large wardrobes of amazing pieces, but of course these were built up over time with careful curation and many dresses having sold in the process. Not every piece is a winner and I think it’s important to realize that. Over time you may even fall out of love with a piece you once held dear to yourself. 

When I got into the fashion I definitely tried to get any dress I could get my hands on so I could have something new to post online, I didn’t want to bore anyone with the same coord over and over again but that mentality can be so tiring as well. When I want to wear a coord I really enjoyed before I should be able to allow myself to do so without thinking about posting it online. Obviously when you have little options and can’t do as much that will get boring and adding new pieces at a good pace is never a bad thing just don’t overdo it like I did and buy any cheap dress that you slightly enjoyed just so you’d have something new for Instagram. 

I know that lifestyle Lolita’s are different and that would definitely require a much larger closet than a couple of Jsk’s and blouses but this is more about quality over quantity so I’m not really gonna get into that. 


I’m conclusion I just wanna bring up the idea of having a smaller more curated wardrobe of pieces that make you the most happy being an alternative to a much larger wardrobe. Sometimes less is more and I feel like if you’re making the most if what you’ve got that’s the best way to go especially for someone like me who’s gone from basically a lifestyle lolita to a much more casual one. I want to feel the most amount of joy when looking into my closet and of course being able to let go of pieces I don’t enjoy as much is step one of achieving that. 

- Mizz 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quality vs Quantity in EGL

Hello friends! It’s been a while since I’ve not only posted on this blog but have also properly worn EGL. Many things have contributed to my...